Friday, January 20, 2012

Catch-Up Post

Hello Blog World!

I am still here, just have been crazy busy since November really so I have gotten very far behind on my posts. I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season! John and I enjoyed ours, we spent 8 weeks in a row traveling so it was very busy but we really enjoyed it! We went to see John's family in Memphis the weekend before Christmas and got to spend Christmas Eve and the day after with my family this year, I had to work Christmas Day :( but we still enjoyed being with my family and made the most of our time with them! We have learned that we have to divide up the Holidays between our families since they are so far away from each other. Last year we learned our lesson. I worked Christmas Eve night because I was still on night shift, As soon as I got off we went to Memphis to see John's family for Christmas. The next day we went to Atlanta to see mine. So our whole Holiday was spent in the car and we were miserable and I was SO tired (I think I stayed up for 36 hours straight). So needless to say this year worked much better and I'm so glad we have it figured out! I just love Christmas and family time around the Holidays. I am truly reminded of how blessed I am to celebrate Jesus and spend time with people I love the most! John and I set a budget for each other on gifts and neither one of us stuck to the budget but when it's your first Christmas as a married couple I guess your allowed to spurge a little. :) John really spoils me rotten and I'm so blessed to have a husband that pays attention to detail. John will literally remember something I said I wanted a year ago that I completely forget about and low and behold he gets it for me. He puts a lot of thought behind the gifts he gives me which is even better to me than the actual gifts themselves. So needless to stay John and I had a wonderful first Christmas as a married couple!

New Years was spent in St. Louis where we ate at a wonderful restaurant on New Years Eve and went to see John's 49 ers play on New Years Day. The 49 ers won so it made the trip worth our while! St. Louis is a neat city, I have been there three times now and every time I go I learn more about the city and places to go. John also had a interview down in New Orleans the week before Christmas so we were down there Thursday and Friday before heading to Memphis from there, so a long weekend on the road! New Orleans was different.... never a place I have desired to go but I can now say I've been there. Parts of it were cool and neat to see (Cafe Du Monde was my Fav.) but I could never live there. It's like a different world and even the people seem like a different breed. But I'm glad I was able to go with John to keep him company! Luckily, if he gets that job it could be anywhere in the country!

EXCITING NEWS... We booked our vacation for our 1 year Anniversary last week! We are going to Antigua to an all-inclusive resort for a week! We wanted to do something big for it and might as well travel all we can before we have kids. Basically I've already started a countdown to June 6th and everyday look up and research different things about the place we are staying and the Island itself. It looks beautiful and we can't wait for a vacation! We love to travel if you can't tell since we spent all of November and December on the go. But I honestly hope this is the next trip we take, I'm ready to be at home for a while!

As John continues his job search, we have decided to just sign another 6 month lease in the condo we have been living in instead of moving into another condo or buy a house. I DREAD moving! So the thought of moving for just a few months doesn't seem worth our while. We are still waiting to see if he gets any offers, he has had several interviews lately so in the next few months we should hear back and have a better idea of where we will be long-term. If we stay in Chattanooga we want to buy a house, but that's a big decision if we aren't going to settle down here. So we are praying hard about it and we know God will lead us to where we need to be! If we do stay in Chattanooga, I will hopefully have some exciting news to announce in a few months but don't want to share it until I know where we will be for sure! It's hard to not feel settled right now but we are trying to just deal with it. We are really keeping our fingers crossed for Atlanta or Nashville (we love both places and hope to eventually end up settling down in one of these cities.) While we are young with no children though, we are open to lots of places, I think it would be fun to live somewhere out West for just a few years! It will all work out for the best and the way it's meant to be! John and I are not crazy about our jobs here so we are mainly hoping for better opportunities as far as our careers go, that's the most important aspect to us! Hope you all are doing well! Promise to update again soon!

-Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment